[mythtv] XVMC-VLD Seg Fault when watching live or recorded

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Mon Apr 25 13:13:41 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 11:59 +0800, Myles Eftos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I haven't been able to get live to tv to work with the XVMC-VLD driver
> since 0.16. I just updgraded to 0.18 and I get the same problem.
Can you try upgrading and downgrading the Unichrome driver until it
works and then let us know which ones work/don't work?

And produce a backtrace of all the threads when VLD isn't working? Start
mythfrontend in gdb, start a video, wait 5 seconds, then hit "Ctrl-C",
then type "thread apply all bt".

> The nVidia reference concerns me a bit, My configuration string is as follows:
Don't worry about that, the VSync code tries several methods until it
finds one that works. One of those is the vsync code for older
nvidia drivers.

> ./configure --disable-joystick-menu --disable-lirc --disable-ivtv
> --enable-xvmc-vld --enable-opengl-vsync --enable-proc-opt --enable-dvb
> --enable-dvb-eit --compile-type=debug
looks ok.

-- Daniel