[mythtv] XVideo XvMC merge patch (v17)

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Fri Apr 22 15:09:35 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 10:56 -0400, Angel Li wrote:
> I've been trying out these patches for the last 3 or 4 iterations and
> for the most part they've worked for me. I do have a question, I noticed
> that the OSD is now in color. Does that mean that the patch is not using
> XvMC even though it is selected in my setup or somehow someone figured
> out how to retain colors w/ XvMC.

You are using XVideo.

Uncheck "Use libmpeg2 for decoding" in Setup->TV Settings->Playback.

This option and "Use hardware XvMC MPEG Decoding" are incompatible.

In order to make fallback from XvMC to XVideo cleaner, I've changed
the priority of these two options so that the libmpeg2 option takes
priority over the XvMC option. I plan on making this obvious in the
playback settings before this makes it to CVS.

-- Daniel