[mythtv] "Avoid conflicts" also avoids input!

Ian Dall ian at beware.dropbear.id.au
Thu Apr 21 12:08:56 UTC 2005

I have been puzzeld for a while why watching live tv stoped working
for me.  I have 2 DVB cards, one of which also has analog acture
capability.  I eventually realized that the problem was because the
analog capture was selected (which has no input connected to it).

It turned out that I had "Avoid conflicts between live TV and
scheduled shows" selected, and that unselecting this option gave me
live tv again.

Now, it is certainly true that watching the empty input results in no
conflicts, but it is also not very interesting. I have the input for
the v4l device configured as "none" in mythtv-setup, so why would it
be chosen to watch TV?

Ian