[mythtv] Comm flagging not working CVS 18.20050409-1

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Thu Apr 21 03:03:50 UTC 2005

> On Apr 20, 2005, at 7:51 PM, Geoffrey Kruse wrote:

> >> I'm trying to remember, I was running CVS just after .18 came out
> >> without a problem, I've updated CVS a couple of times since then
> >> without a problem.  I think it appeared on the 18th or 19th, but I
> >> could be wrong.  Let me know if there is anything I can do to help
> >>

> Using today's cvs

Found the bug, it was in this patch on the 16th.  Compiling and testing
a fix now.  Should have a fix in CVS in a little while.

> If I run mythcommflag from the command line, all is good and
> commflagging works.  Any jobs that are started from the jobqueue seem
> to fail with this unknown socket error.  Thought this might be helpful
> info.

Yeah, it had to do with the semi-realtime flagging.  I was checking a
variable before the commDetect object was initialized, so mythcommflag
wasn't waiting long enough to give the recorder time to get far enough
ahead to run the logo detection code.

To both of you, thanks for the info, it pointed me to the right spot.

--
Chris