[mythtv] Profile options not correct?

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Wed Apr 20 13:01:51 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 22:18 +0930, Ian Dall wrote:
> I tried to build with --compile-type=profile and notices that the -g
> flag is used, but not -p or -pg. Changing configure to set
>
>     PROFILEFLAGS="-pg -DNDEBUG"
>
> is not quite enough, since -fomit-frame-pointer is incompatible with -pg.
>
> I made the following change to settings.pro
The options are correct for a sampling profiler such as vTune and
oprofile. Except maybe we need the -DNDEBUG? Using -pg and removing
-fomit-frame-pointer has a large performance impact so you wouldn't
really be profiling MythTV as it runs in release mode. Anyway, I'm
glad you are trying to profile the code, there are some performance
problems, especially in some of the UI code.

-- Daniel