[mythtv] One HDTV channel not giving me data, recently

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Tue Apr 19 18:38:02 UTC 2005

Kyle Rose wrote:
> Recently, WFXT (the local FOX affiliate) won't record in MythTV: I end
> up with zero-byte files, and the backend complains of not getting data
> from the capture card.  However, if I change the channel with dtvstream
> and then dd directly from the device, I get data.

I'm also in the Boston area.  I can't record from WFXT at all either.
Looks to me like they are not currently sending any PSIP data at all.
Neither hdtvrecorder nor dvbrecorder will be able to function until the
station fixes this and starts sending at least TVCT (virtual channel
table) information as required by the FCC.

-Doug