[mythtv] 0.18 Choppy audio and video on some uk freeviewdvbchannels

Roger James roger at beardandsandals.co.uk
Tue Apr 19 12:33:41 UTC 2005

Taylor,

I must admit I am confused by this PS/TS and hardware decoding stuff. I
wonder if you could give me some pointers as to where to look to learn about
the differences between PS and TS and the DVB implementation in MythTV. I
googled but without much luck. I am a C++ hacker not a digital TV expert :-)

I looked through the code to see if I could work out what the hardware
decode option did. I did not get very far with that :-(. Is this flag
referring to hardware decoding being performed by the DVB capture card, or
maybe the flag is passed through to the hardware decoder on a tv-out card. I
could not understand how this flag was acted on.

I have not made the TS changes because John's suggestion of turning on
hardware decoding did the trick. Should I also apply the TS changes?

I would like to get at least a basic understanding how all this stuff plays
together. Where do I start?

Help!

Roger