[mythtv] FastForward & Rewind with UK DVB

Mark Setzer mark at setz.org
Mon Apr 18 18:32:25 UTC 2005

On Apr 18, 2005, at 2:20 PM, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> When FastForwarding or Rewinding greater than 3x speed the image
> breaks up and
> often locks up - I need to stop rewinding/fastforwarding to unlock it.
> During
> this time the console is full of "prebuffering pause" messages - 5+ a
> second
> if I were to guess.
> [snip]
> Recordings transcoded to MPEG 4 work fine, the image is uncorrupted
> and I can
> reach max speed in either direction without a lock-up.

It's quite possibly the ff/rew code; there were a few threads recently
discussing this for us analog guys as well, though Geoff Kruse reported
that issue gone and another (worse) one surfaced after applying Daniel
Kristjansson's video output patch ("Video Output patch (incl. Windows &
OSX)").

This has been an issue for me since jumping to 0.17, and as with you, I
don't have any problem with transcoded recordings, just the mpeg2 ones
from my pvr-250. I sent in a backtrace but I think the devs are having
trouble reproducing it.

And anyone else who'd like to tell us what else we can do to help you
track this down, by all means, do so.

-Mark