[mythtv] Audio sync problem with recent CVS build

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Mon Apr 18 08:30:22 UTC 2005

> I think you have interlace sync issues. If you are running MythTv with
> 25Hz output frame rate the 50Hz fields can be either in sync or out of
> sync. When there is motion in the picture all is smooth when the fields
> are in sync. If they go out of sync you will ge a lot of motion jitter.
> If you are able to set "Bob" de-interlacing, this may fix the issue for

I am using Bob already.  I'm pretty sure it's just that the timing is
around the frame display interval, so any jitter directly translates
into showing a frame or missing it.

I don't see this with mplayer or Xine and have manually gone through the
code, but I can't see why we are getting jitter on the timing which is
worse than the xine case.  I have stuck in a bunch of timing stuff and
redone my Jack audio output for sub microsecond jitter timing accuracy,
but I can't quite shake it.  Very annoying actually

The sleep() timing method is better for me, but still has problems
occasionally.

Ed W