[mythtv] 0.18 Choppy audio and video on some uk freeview dvb channels

Roger James roger at beardandsandals.co.uk
Sun Apr 17 18:19:28 UTC 2005

I have just upgraded to 0.18 and I now have a problem with certain UK
freeview channels (DVB-T) viewed as live TV. I was running a CVS build from
about a month ago and that was working perfectly.

There are no error messages appearing in the logs, so maybe the problem is
different than the one already reported on the list (Re: [mythtv] A/V Bug in
CVS from 12:00am 3/27 to 12:00am 3/29).

The problem manifests as choppy audio and jerky video which seems similar to
the problem already reported. The choppiness is very regular at approx 500ms
repeat rate (this suggest some sort of timing problem)

The channels it appears on are constant, but are not related to a single
multiplex. I have not been able to determine what the common factor is.

For example.

BBC1 and BBC2 (Multiplex 1) are good.

ITV1 and Channel 4 (Multiplex 2) are bad.

Channel 5 (Multiplex A) is bad.

QVC (Multiplex A) is good.

As might be expected I also see the problem with a build from the CVS HEAD.

Sorry this information is so scant, but it is all I have at the moment.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Have I missed some step in the upgrade process?

I am using tv-out on a PVR-350 for audio and video output.

Help :-(

Roger