[mythtv] mythfrontend setup and menus

Risto Treksler risto at elkhornbanff.ca
Sat Apr 16 20:51:56 UTC 2005

"J. Donavan Stanley" <jdonavan at jdonavan.net> said:
> Sasha Z wrote:
>
> >Well, here's my idea of a menu:

Well, I agree that:
-something needs to be done about the menus in the setup section
-the setup section needs a long hard look.
    -it seems to me that as new features have been added,
     their settings have been shoehorned into the current setup structure

    -some settings are badly scattered
     eg. most settings related to live tv are all over the place

    -there are several "general" catch-all screens,
     where you won't know what's in there unless you look

As a result, it's really hard for anyone who is not intimately aware of
mythtv's internal structure to find any frontend settings without traversing
through option screen after option screen.

Here's the top level:

Media Library
Media Manager
Information Center
Utilities
Setup
    Frontend
    TV Playback
    TV Recording
    Media Settings
    Information/Utilities Settings

I have *attached* the full proposed overhauled structure

Comments are most welcome.