[mythtv] Video Output patch (incl. Windows & OSX)

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Sat Apr 16 00:02:52 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 16:35 -0700, Geoffrey Kruse wrote:

> This seems to fix the compile problem.  I am able to run the frontend
> and view recorded programs.  Live TV works as well.
Great.

>   This also seems to
> fix the mysterious issue that I and others have been having with ff/rw
> freezing after 10 seconds.  I am able to ff and rw, however, I now get
> the following in the frontend log when fast forwarding instead of a
> freeze:
> 2005-04-15 16:25:58.961 GetNextFreeFrame() unable to lock frame 100
> times. Discarding Frames.
This indicates that the ff/rw code is not calling DoneDisplayingFrame()
or DiscardFrame() at the appropriate times. This message indicates that
a worst-case-scenario code was invoked. Basically, if all the available
frames are gone and we've tried waiting like we should over a hundred
times, then we discard all in-flight frames and try restarting the
video. That is the ff/rw code should be fixed, triggering this code
is very bad for output-quality, A/V sync, etc.

--
Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cat.nyu.edu>