[mythtv] Configure Script & 64bit Libraries

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Fri Apr 15 14:01:18 UTC 2005

On Friday 15 Apr 2005 14:04, Daniel Staaf wrote:

> >>Use chroot.
> >
> > Yep, but where are you going to install those 32bit libs too?
>
> See
> https://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/21/debian-amd64-howto.html#
>id274326

Which is very interesting but it brings us full-circle to what Hamish said -
"Which ugly distribution requires this?"

I think the Redhat (Fedora), Mandrake et al approach of putting 32bit libs in
"/usr/lib" and 64bit libs in "/usr/lib64" is much neater and much simpler
than using chroot and creating lib paths such as
"/var/chroot/sid-ia32/usr/lib"

We've gone a little OT for this list now, so apologies to everyone.
--
Stuart Morgan