[mythtv] MythMusic follow-up

Mark Setzer mark at setz.org
Fri Apr 15 03:12:50 UTC 2005

On Apr 14, 2005, at 6:10 PM, Kevin Smyth wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 15:04 -0400, Mark Setzer wrote:
>> On Tue, April 12, 2005 2:56 pm, Kevin Smyth said:
>> Thanks, that is what I was looking for, but libfaad is there, along
>> with
>> most of the optional component libraries:
>>
>> # ldd /usr/lib/mythtv/plugins/libmythmusic.so
>>         libfaad.so.0 => /usr/lib/libfaad.so.0 (0xb7e26000)
>

> Next thing I would try is to gdb libfaad and look for the unresolved
> symbols (call [tab][tab]). If they are there, maybe try strace
> mythfrontend to see if libfaad is actually opened?
>
> I use the libfaad2-0 deb package from
> http://rarewares.soniccompression.com/debian/packages/unstable/ if you
> use debian and want to try a know-working library.

Thank you thank you thank you! Very useful stuff. The symbols were
missing from the libfaad that I'd built from audiocoding. Don't know
why, but the one from soniccompression worked beautifully, save for a
missing mp4ff header and overwriting the libmp4ff library on install.
Oh well, easily fixed. Working great now!

Thanks again!
-Mark