[mythtv] MythMusic problem(s)

Mark Setzer mark at setz.org
Thu Apr 14 14:35:17 UTC 2005

On Thu, April 14, 2005 10:25 am, Ciaran said:
> On 14/04/05, Robert Johnston <anaerin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm not sure exactly why, but today I've been having problems with
>> MythMusic.
>>
>> I tracked it down to the fact that MySQL was giving an error (Can't
>> open file: 'musicmetadata.MYI'). So I dropped the table in the hopes
>> that MythMusic would re-create it.
>>
>> No such luck. No errors from MythMusic or MySQL, but when I turn on
>> trace-logging in MySQL I see that all mythmusic is trying to do is a
>> 'Select NULL; Select from musicmetadata;insert into musicmetadata',
>> which obviously isn't working.
>
> Have you tried running myisachk on musicmetadata.MYI in the mysql data
> directory ?
>  -ciarna

That would be my thought as well; I added an isamchk to my backend startup
script just to be safe, but I noticed the same weirdness with some of the
sql queries in CheckFile and such in MythMusic. I'll post more details on
my lunch break.

Just out of curiosity, John, do you have any AAC files? I've been trying
to track down an issue with the frontend dying because of missing symbols
whenever it encounters an AAC file...

-Mark