[mythtv] MythMusic problem(s)

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 14:21:53 UTC 2005

I'm not sure exactly why, but today I've been having problems with MythMusic.

I tracked it down to the fact that MySQL was giving an error (Can't
open file: 'musicmetadata.MYI'). So I dropped the table in the hopes
that MythMusic would re-create it.

No such luck. No errors from MythMusic or MySQL, but when I turn on
trace-logging in MySQL I see that all mythmusic is trying to do is a
'Select NULL; Select from musicmetadata;insert into musicmetadata',
which obviously isn't working.

Furthermore, when MythMusic scans to "Update" the music database, it
gets to 87% and dies...

Any ideas?

Trimmed-down SQL Trace log attached
--