[mythtv] DVB patch for Freeview/Xtraview

Charlie Brej brejc8 at vu.a.la
Wed Apr 13 23:27:03 UTC 2005

Ciaran wrote:
> Odd, since I applied this patch my audio keeps cutting out on me, is
> anyone else experiencing this problem ?
>  I had a CVS cut (sunday night iirc) which I'd built and appeared to
> be working just fine, I applied the patch [without doing a CVS
> checkout] rebuilt and now the audio just 'disappears' am I going mad ?
> - Ciaran

The wife noticed that exact problem but even with recordings. It is repeatable
and if you watch the same sequence the audio will cut out at the same point each
time. It seemed to be happening even on recordings made before I was messing
around with the patch and the patch should not effect anything but recordings.
So I suspect something else but I will try and reinstall the normal version and
see if it still happens. You can always fast-forward to just after the audio
cutout point and resume (very annoying though).
As a clue some channels are worse than others. Third rock from the sun (ITV2)
kept cutting out every 3 mins while BBC3 programs seemed fine.

--
         Charlie Brej
APT Group, Dept. Computer Science, University of Manchester