[mythtv] Overlapping calls to readSocket

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Apr 13 05:42:58 UTC 2005

Brian Foddy wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 April 2005 09:52 pm, Buechler, Mark R wrote:
>
>>After 2 hours of running in gdb I received this error before the backend
>>locked:
>>
>>QSocketNotifier: Multiple socket notifiers for same socket 23 and type read
>>
>>The backend still didn't dump, however, it just stopped sending packets and
>>refused new connections.

As I'd mentioned in another thread, the changes I've made are more
geared to trying to recover after something has gone wrong. We still
don't know for a fact what exactly triggered the out of sequence or
garbled messages though some of the things Isaac did probably address
the most likely causes. BTW, the Overlapping message is more debugging
info than any sort of serious problem.

If you could, please do the following for the next day or so. Install
current CVS and run:

mythbackend -v network >> /tmp/mb.log 2>&1 &

on both the master and any slaves. Later "grep Protocol /tmp/mb.log".
If there is a match, please cut'n'paste all the messages from
a minute before up to a minute after the "Protocol error:" message
and grab the messages in the same time frame from the slave's log.

Thank you,

--  bjm