[mythtv] MythMusic feature request

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Tue Apr 12 22:47:38 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 12 April 2005 04:08 pm, Devan Lippman wrote:

> Excellent news!  If you don't mind me asking what'd you use for your
> transport?

 All rtsp and rtp is being handled by the livemedia library
(http://www.live.com/) which is a standard package on most (all?)
distributions.

 Right now it's a shared TCP server on demand (no traffic unless at least one
RTSP/RTP client is connected). I'll add a UDP multicast option at some point,
but right now UDP multicast at PCM levels is making my 802.11g base station
have conniptions.

> What exactly are the mfd and mfe modules?

 They're both CVS modules (e.g. cvs co mfd). The mfd is longstanding work to
get background stuff (CD ripping, content sharing on the local LAN, etc.)
into a single plugin framework. mfe is a tentative debugging client to play
with the mfd.

 More in the mailing list archive.

- thor