[mythtv] [patch] XMLTV timestamps, TimeOffset and mythfilldatabase

Tue Apr 12 13:52:40 UTC 2005

Hi all,

   This is a followup to my email yesterday.  This patch does three
things:

   - Combines the addTimeOffset() and fromXMLTVDate() functions in
mythfilldatabase so we have one XMLTV time parser (and we no longer
parse, unparse and then re-parse timestamps)
   - Changes the meaning of a missing XMLTV timezone spec to mean UTC
instead of local time (in line with the XMLTV spec).  Setting the
mythtv-setup TimeOffset value to "None" will allow people to achieve
the old effect - the timestamp interpreted as local time.
  - Makes "Auto" TimeOffset setting do the conversion to local time for
each program separately.  This uses the new conversion routine added to
handle the recent Qt timezone weirdness.

   I've done some basic testing on this (it compiles and works for me
with my standard settings), but not a whole lot (I haven't yet tried
faking data to test other settings).  Comments encouraged.

   This should _not_ go in before the next (0.18) release :).  It needs
more testing.

Cheers,

Will        :-}