[mythtv] [exp. patch] xv xvmc merge (v7)

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Tue Apr 12 05:20:28 UTC 2005

On Monday 11 Apr 2005 22:23, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> I've updated the xv/xvmc merge patch with the help of some VLD
> debugging by Ivor Hewitt. Hopefully this version functions with
> XvMC-VLD..
>
> The patch is at:
>   http://www.mrl.nyu.edu/~danielk/mythtv/xv-xvmc-merge-v7.tbz
>
> I've also continued to clean-up the buffer init code, and I've
> made the buffer management a little more aggressive. When
> AGGRESSIVE_BUFFER_MANAGEMENT is defined (the default in this
> patch) videoout_xv reclaims buffers as soon as their children
> are done rendering, instead of waiting until the children are
> done displaying. Also with AGGRESSIVE_BUFFER_MANAGEMENT we
> don't sync the past and future frames in DrawSlice, which
> means less time is spent holding their frame locks. Finally,
> I've lowered XVMC_OSD_NUM from 3 to 2, which seems sufficient
> for OSD buffering.

Daniel,

VLD now displays. Although the lower half of the image misrenders with mpeg
artifacts - not corrupt stream artifacts though -  its as if the lower part
of the screen isn't getting newer mpeg slices to render than the top part has
got and is trying to catch up.

Same with or without AGGRESSIVE_BUFFER_MANAGEMENT.

Two tiny changes I forgot to mention before:-

Need to include <map> in videobuffers.h

The log "CreateXvShmImages() shmget() failed:" in videoout_xv.cpp:981
references undefined,  "errno" instead of "XJ_shm_infos[i].shmid"

Regards,

--
Ivor
http://www.ivor.it