[mythtv] latest ringbuffer.cpp change causes infinite loop

Andy McMullan andymcm at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 18:06:48 UTC 2005

Hi

I get an infinite loop in RingBuffer::Seek in RingBuffer.cpp (lines 1295-6)
with the latest cvs:

while (readpos > filesize)
readpos -= filesize;

The infinite loop occurs because filesize is zero and readpos is non-zero.
As far as I can tell, when the first RingBuffer constructor is used,
filesize is always zero. And the first RingBuffer constructor seems to be
the one used when I play back a recording.

The symptoms of the problem are a blank screen and mythfrontend hang when
playback is started. Doesn't usually happen the first playback, but almost
always the second one.

Andy

P.S. Reverting to the previous version of RingBuffer.cpp is a simple
workaround, for those who need it.