[mythtv] Problem with Via VLD XVMC display and DVB recordings in current CVS: Gaps in video and audio

Jesper Sörensen jesper at datapartner.se
Sat Apr 9 16:56:49 UTC 2005

Ivor Hewitt wrote:

>>In theory yes, it's for ff cards but AFAIK most budget cards should
>>handle it too (that's the way it was done for all cards in Myth <= 0.16).
>>

>Well the help text sucks. :-)

Yup! :)

It's a pretty complicated matter and not very easy to explain in few
words (if you have a better wording please send a patch). Basically
there's two ways to set up the demux, lets call them the "hw" and the
"sw" way. The "hw" method breaks Marcus Metzler's budget card (and
possibly some other too), and it also makes it impossible to record
multiple streams (e.g. different languages). The "sw" method is normally
preferred since it fixes those things, but it doesn't work for people
with DEC2000-t thingies (and probably some other devices too). They just
get a black screen which is kinda bad. So until things gets fixed I made
it an option.

BTW, I only mean this as a _workaround_ for you to use until the real
bug is fixed. I just saw you're working with DTK on this? Great, best of
luck. :)

>Sure I'll try it.... when I've got my myth working again.
>

>>Just try it and see what happens, or live with an old Myth until the bug
>>is fixed... :)
>>

>Live with an old myth? Gasps. Wash your mouth out.

;-)