[mythtv] [exp. patch] xv xvmc merge (v4)

Andy Poling andy at realbig.com
Sat Apr 9 05:30:03 UTC 2005

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> FYI I've generated a new xv-xvmc merge patch. See:
>     http://www.mrl.nyu.edu/~danielk/mythtv/xv-xvmc-merge-v4.tbz
>
> It applies to the current CVS, and also fixes the HDTV playback problem.
>
> It turns out the HDTV playback problem was actually a MPEG-TS stream
> playback problem, due to some changes I made to mpeg-ts to make
> HDTV channel changing work better. I just removed that "fix" and
> mpeg-ts playback now seems to work.

I gave this a whirl on my nforce2 IGP system, but it didn't go very well...

Any attempt to play hdtv content results in a system lockup.  In one instance,
it played 1080i ok until I brought up the OSD, which instantly locked it up.
In most instances, it locked up almost immediately (less than 2 seconds) upon
starting playback.

Non-hdtv content worked better, but sometimes it failed to start playing.  It
wasn't locked up since a clear would get me back to the Recorded Programs
screen.

-Andy