[mythtv] Problem with Via VLD XVMC display and DVB recordings in current CVS: Gaps in video and audio

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Fri Apr 8 21:02:07 UTC 2005

On Thursday 07 Apr 2005 21:06, Terry Barnaby wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The current MythTv CVS version of MythTV has a stange problem with
> display on my Via M10K box which uses Via VLD XVMC hardware MPEG decode.
> The Via M10K box is a simple client with a separate server containg DVB
> cards.
>
> Myth CVS after 2005.03.30 has this problem.
> MythTV CVS before 2005.02.20 is Ok.
>
> If I watch an old recording, all is fine.
> If I watch live TV or a new recording the video and audio seems to
> have continuous gaps (about 4 per second) resulting in unwatchable/
> unlistenable output. This results in a start/stop display.
> There are no special messages from mythfrontend.
> Watching using another system using software MPEG decode and Xv output
> all is fine.
>
> Could some change to the DVB code have resulted in an MPEG stream that
> the Via MPEG hardware cannot decode correctly ?

Hi Terry,
I've finally updated the code on my epia to current cvs (I've been too busy
doing the unichrome-pro drivers, that's my excuse anyway)

Anyhow I'm getting the same at the moment.
Changing to record TS reduces the problem slightly, but not much. Can  you
confirm if you're recording PS or TS.

Also I only see this on some transmissions, are you sure that all old
recordings are fine and all new recordings are broken?

Most transmissions are just fine but a specific example is Eastenders which
exibits this problem (hey I don't watch it ok!). Could it be some sort of
problem with the type of sound stream?

Regards,

--
Ivor