[mythtv] [exp. patch] xv xvmc merge (v3)

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Thu Apr 7 19:33:11 UTC 2005

Aran Cox wrote:
> Before I noticed that you mention breaking HDTV support, I tried
> applying this patch to CVS as of a few moments ago and got some
> significant breakage in libs/libmythtv/videoout_xv.cpp.  I wanted to
> try it because XvMC worked so much better with your v1 patch.
Yep, I just broke it about an hour ago, I'm fixing it at the moment.
If you checkout the previous version of videoout_xv.cpp then apply
the patch the only reject is simple one in libmyth.pro

> Also, is there some reason you didn't create a unfied diff patch
> instead of the shell installer copying files, etc.?  I always have to
> look it up (and just did again) but the option to treat missing files
> as present but empty is -N.
I'll try that. At some point at least -N didn't work with cvs diff.
I have a script that generates my patches so it's not as if I go
through the effort of manually creating the apply.sh script each
time.

> Another question, is any of this slated to go into 0.18 or is this
> more of a 0.19 timeframe?
0.19, it will probably go in to cvs right after 0.18, assuming I get
enough positive test reports and manage to fix all the bugs I know
about by then.

-- Daniel