[mythtv] Failed DVB recording

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Apr 7 08:12:53 UTC 2005

In message <5df80770050407010779238996 at mail.gmail.com>
        David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you guys experiencing this on channels that normally tune and cards that
> work fine otherwise?

I certainly am, as is a friend of mine with a more or less identical
box to me. Only once every week or two, but annoying when it happens.

>  Twice I have had a recording not happen because the card could not
>  tune.

I you get that "Timeout Getting PMT" message in the backend log then
it is probably the same problem.

> All I did was restart mythbackend and the card would then tune fine.

Yup. Even the next recording will probably be OK but it won't try to
retune and restart an active recording that failed to tune unless you
restart the backend.

>  I thought maybe my hardware was gettting dodgy, but if you are also
> experiencing this, maybe it is a bug.
>  FTR, I am using 2 x Avermedia 771 DVB-T's.

I have two VisionPlus cards and my friend that has the same problem
has one VisionPlus and one Avermedia.

This issue only exists in the new DVB code so 0.16 will have been
fine as the PIDs were hardwired and it didn't have to look for
the PMT to get them.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)