[mythtv] Portable backend, was MacOS X partial backend implementation

Geoffrey Kruse gkruse at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 03:36:50 UTC 2005

On Apr 6, 2005, at 4:53 PM, Nigel Pearson wrote:

>> I believe a functional subset of the backend can be made for use on
>> Mac OS X.
>
> 	Are you talking about a different backend program for OS X?
> Or of porting all the FireWire & USB stuff in mythbackend?

What I think would be interesting is a "portable" backend.  (ie for
laptops).  This backend would do no recording on its own, but simply
copy files from a master backend as well as the needed database info so
that mythtv can be used on the road when there is no contact with the
master backend.  Currently I just copy the files I want and watch them
via VLC when I go on a plane, but I really miss the ability to
commercial skip when I do it this way.  It would also be nice to browse
them on the frontend just like I currently do at home.

Geoff