[mythtv] mythtranscode, key frames and fifo output

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Apr 6 01:08:46 UTC 2005

> OK, so these match like they should.  So that confirms that it
> is using the code I thought it should be for you as well as the
> fact that it is going to the right frames when it skips.

cool, good to know.

> Trying to find out a little more info so I don't spend a lot
> of time going down rabbit trails since I haven't delved into
> this part of the code that much....

ok.

> When it does include parts that are supposed to be cut out,
> it is the beginning of the part that's supposed to be cut or
> the end, or random?

Seems that it's grabbing the first part of the commercials.  Makes sense
now that the FIRST cut (from 0 onward) is actually honored, and the last
one isn't.  But definitely, the first part of each cut point is there,
with a nice transition from the show, and then after awhile, it cuts
directly into the next part of the show, cutting off whichever
commercial was playing.

-Chris