[mythtv] 'stable' tag proposal

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Apr 5 19:18:16 UTC 2005

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 03:01:19PM -0400, Doug Goldstein wrote:
> Just to play devils advocate for all and to live up to Isaac's view of
> me as that annoying Gentoo guy. I had planned on this summer working
> on documentation of the Myth codebase. As a result I setup a Trac +
> SVN on my own server containing MythTV 0.17 sources in there. I was
> considering a full import of the CVS tree for the future and keeping
> it current but not until I actually have time to begin my project. Why
> am I mentioning this? For the SVN clamouring folks.

If I correctly understood what Andy was trying to accomplish, I don't
think that's going to help too much, Doug.

In order to accomplish some of the things he was after, *Isaac* (and
the Committers; sounds like a rock group, doesn't it? :-) would have to
be using svn.

And it doesn't sound like there's any chance of that happening any time
soon.  Which is fine with me; I'm not a developer anyway, and the
stable-branch part of the idea, which Isaac *did* take up, will likely
fix 60-80% of the troubles I personally have.  (My sis tends to be a
feature freak, but I hate being on CVS because I'm not really equipped
to produce alpha-code-train-level problem reports.)

Cheers,
-- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me