[mythtv] Skipping Commercials When Not Done Flagging

-> Fritz fritzed at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 08:56:18 UTC 2005

On Apr 5, 2005 12:56 AM, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:
> > > This is true for me as well, I use an EPIA M9000 board with the
> > > integrated C3 933Mhz CPU.  It's incredibly slow at commercial flagging
> > > and other CPU oriented tasks.
> >
> > I have to agree, my via c3 is very slow, and commercial flagging can
> > sometimes get a week behind with two encoder cards until I use my Mac
> > to help catch up.  It would be nice to be able to skip in partially
> > flagged shows.
>
> This won't help you if you're behind in flagging since the jobs are still
> put on the JobQueue, they are just put on at the beginning when a recording
> starts rather than at the end.
>
> If your C3 can't keep up with the shows you're recording even after
> they're done then there's no way it will keep up with the semi-realtime
> flagging unless you don't have any other jobs running and your system is
> fast enough to play 1 recording while recording another.
>
> --
>
> Chris

Actually, the CPU is hardly being used while a show is being recorded
because I have a PVR350.  It is also usually at 30% while watching a
show because of the hardware assisted mpeg encoding on the EPIA board.
 So it should be able to do semi-realtime flagging fairly well.  I
didn't know about this feature existed so I'm going to go implement it
right now and see how it turns out.

Thanks,
-> Fritz