[mythtv] [BUG] mythfrontend does not detect the screen properly when using dual head

Pekka Jääskeläinen pekka.jaaskelainen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 19:47:59 UTC 2005

Hi,

I encountered this annoying bug with the CVS head, I entered it also into
the Bugzilla (Bug 264):

I have a dual head setup in which I use the screen 0 for my primary
monitor, and screen 1 for output to projector (for watching TV and
movies). With the current CVS head, mythfrontend cannot detect when
it's started in screen 1, it always thinks that it was started in
screen 0. Therefore, the display is set to 1280x1024, while my
projector display is set to 1024x768 (IIRC) and the mythtv cannot fit.

This is currently blocking my basic mythtv use with CVS head, so I
have to rate it 'critical' :(

Detection worked correctly in CVS of 19, Feb.

Oh, almost forgot:
The -geometry switch of mythfrontend didn't seem to work at all either :(

--
--PJ