[mythtv] [Experimental Patch] HDTV Recorder patch updated

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at mrl.nyu.edu
Thu Sep 30 16:29:17 EDT 2004

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Daniel Thor Kristjansson wrote:
]This last part is pretty flacky right now. I can't use ffmpeg's function
]for setting up the codec, because it assumes an unused stream, so I just
]have an "if (0 == enc->codec_id) enc->codec_id = (CodecID)2;" in the
]CODEC_TYPE_VIDEO case, which is enough to keep an MPEG2 video stream
]going, but is an ugly hack that will break other streams. I'm also not

Ok, I fixed this hack. I now set up the codec info when the PMT changes,
within ffmpeg. It still needs some cleanup but this should basically work.
There is no need to wait in mpegts for the first video packet to set up
the codec because the codec type is described in the PMT.

The recorder patch (v25) is here:
  http://www.mrl.nyu.edu/~danielk/mythtv/

-- Daniel