[mythtv] Wrong time of recordings when using PVR 350

John Harvey john.p.harvey at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 30 12:46:36 EDT 2004

 --- Isaac Richards <ijr at po.cwru.edu> wrote:
> On Thursday 30 September 2004 11:37 am, Jay R.
> Ashworth wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 05:44:02PM -0400, Isaac
> Richards wrote:
> ivtv-devel and mythtv-users
> suggestions to solutions.
> could be causing my

> the ivtv-0.1.10-pre2
> changed from patch ck100z
> having problems. When I
> calculating wrong time on my
> > >
> > > If it broke once you updated ivtv, why would you
> assume that it's a
> > > mythtv issue?
> >
> > If myth is *capable* of showing two different
> lengths for the *same*
> > recorded program, depending on which driver is
> installed *at playback
> > time*, then I'd say that myth has *some* issue,
> wouldn't you?
>
> It's capable of showing two different lengths
> because it needs to be, to
> handle PAL and NTSC properly.  The reason it's
> showing a different time is
> that the ivtv driver is broken and not reporting if
> it's in PAL or NTSC mode
> properly.  There is no issue in myth.
>
> Why do I get blamed every time Chris incompetently
> breaks more stuff in the
> driver?  It just doesn't make sense to me.
>
> Isaac

Isaac
So i'm assuming then that myth asks the driver if its
in PAL or NTSC at playback and that you believe the
driver is getting this wrong in some mode. If so i'll
try and take a look at this over the next couple of
days and get a fix to Chris.

I am assuming this check is made somewhere in
videoout_ivtv.cpp (sorry i'm at work and don't have
the source code to hand at the moment).

Thanks

John