[mythtv] Wrong time of recordings when using PVR 350

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Thu Sep 30 12:01:18 EDT 2004

On Thursday 30 September 2004 11:37 am, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 05:44:02PM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > On Wednesday 29 September 2004 05:21 pm, Petter Gundersen wrote:
> > > Hello, I have posted similar mails on the ivtv-devel and mythtv-users
> > > mailing lists, but so far I have received no suggestions to solutions.
> > > I'm hoping someone here have any clues what could be causing my
> > > problem.
> > >
> > > I'm running mythtv 0.16 with a PVR 350, using the ivtv-0.1.10-pre2
> > > driver with Chris Kennedy's patches. After I changed from patch ck100z
> > > to the ck112 and greater patches, I have been having problems. When I
> > > use the PVR 350 tv-out feature, Mythtv is calculating wrong time on my
> > > recordings.
> >
> > If it broke once you updated ivtv, why would you assume that it's a
> > mythtv issue?
>
> If myth is *capable* of showing two different lengths for the *same*
> recorded program, depending on which driver is installed *at playback
> time*, then I'd say that myth has *some* issue, wouldn't you?

It's capable of showing two different lengths because it needs to be, to
handle PAL and NTSC properly.  The reason it's showing a different time is
that the ivtv driver is broken and not reporting if it's in PAL or NTSC mode
properly.  There is no issue in myth.

Why do I get blamed every time Chris incompetently breaks more stuff in the
driver?  It just doesn't make sense to me.

Isaac