[mythtv] nuvexport - which id3tag??

George Styles george at ripnet.co.uk
Thu Sep 30 07:01:15 EDT 2004

Hi,
Been playing with the new nuvexport, and have a couple of questions:

The MP3 export seems to now be setup to export mp3 (using ffmpeg) instead of mp2 (using toolame) - thats great :)

BUT, it requires id3tag. I can put a dummy id3tag script in for now that does nothing, but it would be nice to get the tagging working.

My question is - which id3tag (url?) does nuvexport expect to use? there are LOADS of id3tag programs for Gnu/Linux on the web :)

My second question is - is there an example of command line usage? i have a script which uses (a hacked version of!) the old nuvexport to automatically archive all my programs to divx/mp3 (depending on if its a tv or radio channel). I would prefer to not have to go through the nuvexport modules again to work out the commad line options.

Are they the same as the old version?

Do the command line options work for xVid and mp3? (i had to hack the old version to command-line enable it - didnt submit back because of the re-write in progress).

Thanks :)