[mythtv] Backend not releasesing deleted files.

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Wed Sep 29 20:32:39 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 29 September 2004 07:04 pm, Michael Proctor-Smith wrote:
> I finally found the time to get my mythtv system to gether and found that
> about a week in that several shows had not been recorded beacuse of a full
> disk. Sense I had just removed a bunch of shows this seemed wierd so I took
> a look at status on mythweb which was reporting 106GB of 103GB with -3???MB
> free. Logged into the backend box and a df reported 100% full disk.
> Rebooted the system and several ext3 errors were fixed.
>
> Anyway that was Sunday so I checked again today. And tried a lsof there
> were again many files which mythbackend had open and were reported as
> deleted.
>
> I am running mythtv-backend-0.16-79.rhfc2.at on fedora core 2.
>
> Sorry if it is already fixed in cvs, but I did a search of the archive and
> did not find anything like this. Also if this should have go to user.

I too just discovered today that my 270GB filesystem was nearly full
after 2+ weeks of backend running.  I counted the .nuv files in the
directory and it matched those in the GUI.  When I restarted the
backend, suddenly there was an additional 140GB of file space
available.  Looks like the backend is unlinking the files, but not closing
them to release the space...

Brian