[mythtv] Importing files...

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Sep 27 14:06:11 EDT 2004

> One thing I'd like to do is have an easy way to import some AVI and
> other format files into the Watch Recordings screen rather than
> MythVideo where I can enter a simple title/description and have it show up.

Don't spend much time on this.  I already have this functionality sitting
in my CVS tree at home. :)  It works great.  The only reason I haven't
committed it to CVS is I was trying to think of a way to implement the
multi-level directory functionality that the MythVideo browser provides.
Right now my code gives you the option of creating a virtual "MythVideo"
recording group or using MythVideo as the title and the normal video
title as the subtitle so people can choose what best fits for them.

I've been sitting on this for a month or two.  It currently displays
all non-child videos with a parental level of 1 so that should be
pretty safe.  It also is OFF by default, and must be turned on via a
setting in MythVideo, so the user has to specifically turn on support
for this or else they see no difference in the Watch Recordings screen.

--

Chris