[mythtv] DVBCam Class

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at mrl.nyu.edu
Mon Sep 27 12:12:06 EDT 2004

]> This is needed if you want to tune in an Audio DVB station, but
]> also when you are using a DiSEqC motor.  Since video is expected within 15
]> seconds sometimes that is not enough to move my dish and start streaming
]> video into it if it has to more more than say 10-20 degrees.
]
]That 15 second assumtion is nothing more than that, stupid. There should be an
]interface for reporting whether the recorder has crapped out or is still
]waiting on something to be able to stream.

There is and interface for reporting an error, but it is only being used
in NuppelVideoRecorder, and is not handled properly in tv_play.cpp. In
the latest HDTVRecorder patch (v22) I took the liberty of fixing
DVBRecorder and MPEGRecorder in addition to HDTVRecorder to return an
error from IsErrored() when there is an error in StartRecording(), I
also patched tv_play to not enter an infinite loop when this happens.
But the tv_play part is still a hack. This could be fixed by breaking
StartPlayerAndRecorder() into two functions that return a success or
failure, and handling these properly in HandleStateChange(). Even
better would be to also report the error to the user.

-- Daniel