[mythtv] mythbackend crash w/ bt

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Sep 26 21:31:32 EDT 2004

> I'm running Myth CVS from about a day after the .16 release. I've
> noticed that mythbackend occasionally crashes on me while I'm not
> actively using it. I'm not sure if this is right after it records
> something or during a commercial flag. Hopefully this backtrace helps.
>
> Let me know if I should be doing anything different or if this has
> already been addressed.

There was a bugfix that went in on 9/12 that fixed a null
pointer dereference in the CommercialFlagger and it looks like
that is probably the cause of what you're seeing.  That whole class
is gone now though, I replaced the whole CommercialFlagger class with
the JobQueue class a few days ago so the commercialflag.cpp file
referenced in the backtrace doesn't exist anymore.

Care to update to current CVS and make sure it's not still happening?

--

Chris