[mythtv] MythTv with DVB: Multiple PID support ?

Kenneth Aafløy lists at kenneth.aafloy.net
Fri Sep 24 19:22:09 EDT 2004

On Friday 24 September 2004 16:00, Terry Barnaby wrote:
> > Terry Barnaby wrote:
> > > I note that at the moment MythTv is not able to allow multiple frontends
> > > to share a DVB card for watching the same or different programs on the
> > > same DVB multiplex. (I beleive ...).
> > >
> > > I would like my MythTv server to be able to support multiple MythTv
> > > front ends in the house without having to have a DVB-T card for
> > > every MythTv system ...
> > >
> > > Is there any thoughts on providing this ability ?
> >
> > Trawl the archives. Kenneth did some experimentation with that a while
> > ago and posted a few experimental patches.
>
> I will have a look.

Terry, please don't top post, it's extremly annoying.

Nuff of that, yea, I did some patches a long while ago, but nobody was
interrested, so I dropped them. If you are really lucky they might be still
archived at the gossamer threads archive, but I doubt it. I have not looked
through my files to check if I have a version of that patch available either,
but again I doubt it :)

The so called MythTV architechture is not exactly fit for expansions like
this, since everything is really just try and hope it works..
From what I remeber, I created some virtual cards and just kept this state in
a static variable.

Kenneth