[mythtv] waiting for free video buffers timed out

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Fri Sep 24 13:22:47 EDT 2004

Johan wrote:
> The output is included bellow. Strange thing is: The file ringbuf1.nuv
> is created and I can watch it with xine. Does this proof that nothing is
> wrong on the recording side?

Yes, this is (should be) a playback-side issue.  It's strange that we
don't see lines like "Using audio as timebase" or "Video timing method:
  SGI OpenGL" or "Refresh rate: 16666, frame interval: 16683".  Did you
clip those, or are you really not seeing them?  If you're not seeing
them, Myth is not successfully starting video playback at all.  My next
suggestion would be to stop it in gdb while at this stage and follow the
instructions in the docs to produce a backtrace.

-Doug