[mythtv] 0.16 Frontend Hang Issue

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Thu Sep 23 18:21:55 EDT 2004

James L. Reese wrote:

>Hello everyone.
>
>I'm having an issue with 0.16 and wanted to see if anyone else has seen it.

Many people have seen it.  It only affects certain machines /
configurations.  Basically when myth tries to open a newly created file,
it gets a filehandle back that can't be read from. I just checked in a
workaround that I've been running for a while.  There's a bit of a delay
while Myth tries to get a handle it can read from, but it no longer
hangs.  I'd love to figure out the root cause of all this.