[mythtv] Frontend Freeze on Pause

Ben Brown ben at idiotsabound.com
Wed Sep 22 10:54:07 EDT 2004

> Jay Parlar wrote:
> > Since upgrading my system from .15.1 to .16, I've twice seen the
> > frontend freeze up when pausing LiveTV.
>
> I've also had this happen.

I've had similar problems.  Myth frontend will completely freeze, but it
only happens when watching a currently recording show.  If I restart the
frontend and immediately try to watch a recording again, the system freezes
completely and my only option is to hit the power button. This happens
nearly every time I try to watch a currently recording program.  The
symptoms are the same every time, frontend locks, restart frontend, entire
machine locks.

I've been playing with different versions of cvs, and I think I've narrowed
it to somewhere between September 4 and September 7.  Currently I'm running
cvs as of Sep  4 04:42:30 2004, and haven't seen any problems. I hope to be
able to narrow it down a little more, but it takes time to build and test
each version.

Ben