[mythtv] OS X Performance

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Wed Sep 22 01:42:19 EDT 2004

> I discovered a function of "Activity Monitor" (part of the OS, look in
> the Applications/Utilities folder)... If you open the "Show Activity
> Monitor", then you can find the mythfrontend process...s elect it and
> you can click the "Inspect" "i" button... from there, there is a
> "sample" button... it takes a bit, but it gives and entire stack trace
> of what is running, what calls are occurring in which thread, etc.

	Thanks for that, Bruce.

	I have used the Sampler (/Developer/Applications/Performance Tools)
on the frontend, but the info it gave me was not really useful.
It told me how many times some functions were being called,
but not how long the thread was spending in each one.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au | "In this city I confess
Telstra BI&D, Sydney, Australia       |  god is mammon, more is less