[mythtv] SI/PSIP Parser

Jason Hoos jhoos at thwack.net
Wed Sep 22 01:23:54 EDT 2004

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 10:40:53PM -0400, Taylor Jacob wrote:
> I am in the process of moving my code into the new class.. The data will be passed in via a signal
> called ParseTable(uint8_t* buffer, int size);
>
> This will process the tables (whatever ATSC tables you want to handle.. I wrote some partial table
> parsers and tested them with PBS on AMC3 which uses ATSC over DVB).
>
>[snip]

Sounds like a good plan, especially if it means we can finally start
combining some of the common things between the HDTV and DVB classes.
Since I was considering looking into the whole channel-scanning thing at
some point in the future anyways, I'd be more than happy to contribute
to working on the hdtvrecorder hooks or whatever if Daniel's otherwise
occupied.

As far as guide information is concerned (and I think someone else may
have asked a similar question), what's your goal for working with
zap2it?  Is the plan to use zap2it, but allow the OTA guide to revise
start/stop times, to have the guide overwrite descritions from zap2it, or
something in between?  Or have you not gotten that far yet? Just
wondering...

Jason