[mythtv] gcc 3.3.4 prob? Or is the user a muppet...

Colin Guthrie myth at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Sep 21 07:14:53 EDT 2004

Ed Wildgoose wrote:

>>> mm mythtv.test # make
>>> g++ -Wl,-rpath,/usr/qt/3/lib -o settings     -L/usr/qt/3/lib
>>> -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lqt -lXext -lX11 -lm
>>> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.4/../../../crt1.o(.text+0x18):
>>> In function `_start':
>>> : undefined reference to `main'
>>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>>

> Hmm, right, have now backed right out to qt 3.2.3 and gcc 3.3.3 -
> However, it still does the same stuff.
>
> Interestingly if I look back at the Makefile from June which still works
> it was generated by qt 3.3.3 so it can't be because I updated qt version.
>
> Does anyone else understand qmake enough to understand why it is now
> generating a rather different Makefile from before?  Seems that the qt
> and gcc versions are the same, but some other package must have
> changed...?  Any hints?

The only things I can think of are:

1. Stale Object files compiled by an older version of gcc. Make sure
that you are rebuilding everything from scratch and that no old .o files
are kicking about.

2. Make sure your QT and your Myth are being compiled by the same
version of gcc.

3. Make sure you don't build in /usr/local. QMake always behaved
bizarrely for me when used within /usr/local thought it was mainly to do
with install paths and such.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Col.