[mythtv] DVBCam Class

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Tue Sep 21 06:49:06 EDT 2004

>FUTURE PLANS:
>I then plan on eliminating the transform.c code (or at least commenting it out) and creating a
>common MPEGTS recoder class that the HDTV recorder will use as well as the DVB recorder.. I have
>moved some of the key functions (FindKeyFrames being one) over to the dvbrecorder for testing and
>it works great..

This is especially exciting because I am just adding some extra speakers
here to have surround sound.  Being able to record the odd film which
has both two channel and AC3 audio would be fantastic.  I'm not sure
what level of changes would be required in the player app to auto switch
between two channel and AC3 when available, but I suspect that we would
need to be recording the raw TS to even have this available (rather than
straight to mpeg as now).

Does this feature at all in your future plans..?

Thanks

Ed W