[mythtv] DVBCam Class

Jesper Sörensen jesper at datapartner.se
Mon Sep 20 16:27:56 EDT 2004

Taylor Jacob wrote:

>I am looking at the DVBCam class which currently gets sent the raw PMT and parses it itself, and I
>don't understand enough about the cam code to know if you actually need the raw PMT sent to this
>class, or if I could pass a better structure of pre-parsed PMT that I will use for implimenting
>Auto-PID (most likely as an option since there are some complaints about dvb tuning speed).  Is
>there anyone who can take a look at this code who has a cam module and let me know if I can get
>rid of sending this raw PMT to the class?  If I get no responses I will dig into it myself and
>hope that I don't break it since I have no way of testing this.

I'm using a CAM with MythTV here (with a sat feed) and I'd like to help
you out any way I can. Unfortunately I don't know that much about the
inner workings of the CA code in Myth so I can't tell you if the raw PMT
is needed or not, but give me a holler if you have some test code you
want me to try or something...