[mythtv] pcHDTV oddity

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sun Sep 19 01:04:12 EDT 2004

On Friday 17 September 2004 18:57, Doug Larrick wrote:

> As far as 720p: The only thing I see off the top of my head is that
> you're using 'sleep with busy-wait' video timing, which could possibly
> consume some extra CPU.  Is there any way you could (a) build with
> OpenGL video sync (and make sure you're running nVidia's 61xx driver),

I'm running 6111, and Axel's latest build has OpenGL sync enabled. Playback
was absolutely horrid on every channel, like ABC used to be. Musta done
something wrong there... I rebuilt with it off for the moment, but I'll try
enabling it again later (I probably ought to stfmla first).

> or (b) change the permissions on /dev/rtc and 'echo 1024 >
> /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq' so that you can use a better video
> timing method?

Perms changed, 1024 echoed, off to do some more testing.

> 720p *is* more demanding than 1080i because it's double the framerate.
> If you use bob deinterlace (which is also double the framerate), do you
> have similar problems on your 1080i stations?

Nope, everything runs okay w/bob, and cpu usage is actually lower than w/what
I normally use (linear blend). Lemme double-check that though, I've tried so
many different things, I may have that wrong.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...